Tuesday, November 28, 2017

What I Have Learned from lifeguarding During an Aquafit Class

As I sit in the ARC Pool every Tuesday morning at 9, it is far from quiet and peaceful. It's full of music, laughter and splashing.


Aqua Fit


The Aqua Fit class is a class roughly of 12 ladies all above the age of 50, held every Tuesday. As these ladies exercise in the pool, getting an aerobic and resistance workout in, they all laugh and are cheerful. That is a lesson in itself that physical activity can be a fun, social event! You don't have to be straight faced, headphones in and be antisocial to have a good workout. The benefits of a social life spread all across the wellness board and can be a great emotional booster.

Try a fitness class with some friends and see how it makes you feel!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote about aquafit becuase a lot of people don't know what it is. I know when I am older that I would love to try aquafit because it gets the heart rate up and is much easier on joints. I think it is probably a great way to start the day for the ladies to get their blood flowing.

    ReplyDelete